July Tri-Polish Challenge, Day 1: Inspired stripes


 
Wait, what? A second nail art post in one day? That's crazy!

Yup, crazy it is, but here I am, with the first Tri-Polish Challenge mani of the month. You didn't think I'd forgotten that, did you?

I prepared this in advance but apparently I forgot to take a picture of the polishes so I'll post that in one of the next ones. The colours for July are green, blue and another blue, and I chose p2 up in the air, a Catrice polish I picked up at the beauty blogger flea market and the awfully misnamed b.pretty lime green that I've used before. With my personal challenge to use only new and/or indie polishes for the OMD challenge, it was quite refreshing to pick some older colours (though technically the Catrice counts as newish and I haven't used it yet). The colours are a bit off in most of the pictures because it was getting dark and a few are with flash, but if you are wondering, the blues are both on the light side, but the Catrice is definitely darker, a slightly dusky blue.

matte top coat
shiny top coat

















My first mani is inspired by Mina's guest post at Lackaffen. I had less colours to use than she, so I changed the colour scheme around a bit, and I quite like the result, though it's not quite as neat and tidy as I'd like it to be.

Have a look at the other TPC girls' manis by clicking on the linky below!

The stripey nail newbie

in progress
 












8 comments:

  1. Honey, I love these! The matte version is my absolute favourite! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, sweetie, I'm glad you like what I did with your idea! :) Isn't matte just the best thing ever?

      Delete
  2. I like this! :) Very fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved the matte effect...... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job! This striped mani has such a summer-y feeling, it must be the wonderful choice of colours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I chose light tones because I use dark blues so often, and I guess it does make it more summery.

      Delete

Hi! I love getting comments!
Comment moderation is enabled so your comment won't appear right away but at least you can be sure I read every single comment and try to answer them as fast as possible :)

Hallo! Ich freu mich sehr über jeden Kommentar!
Da sie moderiert sind, erscheinen sie nicht sofort, aber dafür könnt ihr euch sicher sein, dass ich auch jeden einzelnen lese :) Ich werd so schnell wie möglich darauf antworten.

Copyright © 2013 To boldly polish and Blogger Templates - Anime OST.
Social media icons (except gfc) by

Photobucket