June Tri-Polish Challenge, Day 2: Fishtail

 
Day 2 of the tri-polish challenge sees me tackling another "classic", the fishtail braid. 

I tried this back in May for the tri-polish challenge but the colours didn't play well together - the red wasn't opaque enough to cover the blue and the white so I tried fixing it with extra layers and not making full stripes and it was a right mess, so I did the Dr. Seuss nails instead. 

Never one to admit defeat, however, I tried the fishtail braid again this month (after making sure the polishes played well together) and it came out a bit better.


 
Tag 2 der Tri-Polish Challenge: heute gibt's Fisch, genaugenommen einen Fishtail Braid. Hat das Design eigentlich auch einen deutschen Namen? Ich hab dafür nur den Englischen Ausdruck gefunden.
Diesen "Klassiker" hatte ich schon im Mai probiert und er hat so richtig überhaupt nicht geklappt. Das Rot war zu dünn um das Blau oder Rot zu decken, ich hab versucht mit ein paar Extraschichten und Tricks nachzuhelfen und am Ende sah's aus wie von einem Kindergartenkind gemacht. Aber so schnell geb ich nicht auf, also hab ich diesen Monat Lacke ausgewählt, die gut zusammen funktionieren und es nochmal probiert.

 

In addition to the purple and pink polishes of the month, I used Boulevard de Beauté in silver.

Ich hab den rosa und violetten Lack des Monats verwendet und noch einen silbernen Boulevard de Beauté dazugenommen.  

I think the stripes could be more even in width and a bit straighter, but overall I think this turned out quite alright. Definitely a lot better than my first try! 
I have to admit, though, that this isn't my favourite kind of mani and I don't know if I'll be attempting it again soon. For some reason I don't mind messing around for hours with tiny freehand details but I lack the patience and skill to draw even, straight lines.




 
Die Streifen könnten etwas gerader sein und es würde auch nicht schaden, wenn sie alle gleich breit wären, aber im Großen und Ganzen find ich das Design ok. Auf jeden Fall besser als mein erster Versuch!
Ich muss aber zugeben, dass das nicht gerade meine Lieblingsmani war und ich weiß nicht, ob ich mir das in näherer Zukunft noch einmal antue. Es macht mir überhaupt nichts aus, bei meinen Freihanddesigns stundenlang pitzelige Details zu malen, aber gerade, gleichmäßige Linien krieg ich einfach nicht hin - und da fehlt mir auch die Geduld.




 
Have you done a fishtail braid before? Do you find it easy or hard?
Click on the thumbnails below to see what everyone else is up to today!

The nail newbie, all fishtailed out

Habt ihr schon mal so ein Design gemacht? Fällt es euch leicht oder findet ihr es auch mühsam?
Klickt auf die Thumbnails unten um zu sehen, was die anderen Mädls heute machen!

Euer gar nicht geradliniges Nagelnewbie









12 comments:

  1. The braid has come out to be so neat. :) <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great color combo for the braid! Lovely :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I tried it with red first but I definitely like this look better :)

      Delete
  3. This came out really nicely! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! and I love the colours you chose as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how cute your nails look with this on :D
    And I can't believe you lack the patience to do these over your detailed designs - hhahaha - you're crazy, girl ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks dear :D
      I know, it's a bit weird, isn't it? I guess I'm creative but not neat ;)

      Delete
  6. I'm a nail newbie too! Have yet to post my nails up but got some designs ready!
    Really like the colours you've picked, really soft with a bit of glam, can never go wrong with baby pink :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, glad you like it!
      Enjoy your blogging adventure, it's great fun :)

      Delete

Hi! I love getting comments!
Comment moderation is enabled so your comment won't appear right away but at least you can be sure I read every single comment and try to answer them as fast as possible :)

Hallo! Ich freu mich sehr über jeden Kommentar!
Da sie moderiert sind, erscheinen sie nicht sofort, aber dafür könnt ihr euch sicher sein, dass ich auch jeden einzelnen lese :) Ich werd so schnell wie möglich darauf antworten.

Copyright © 2013 To boldly polish and Blogger Templates - Anime OST.
Social media icons (except gfc) by

Photobucket