May Tri-Polish challenge, Day 3: Splat

 
It is day three of the tri-polish challenge and I've got another classic for you: my first splatter mani. Despite reading several tutorials, which advised me to use polish thinner and to cover my fingers, I had a surprisingly hard time with this. I really expected this to be messy but straightforward – after all, how hard can it be to scatter paint droplets all over the place? But apparently I haven't hit on quite the right thinner to polish ratio or splatter technique yet. There was some splatter, but initially it went anywhere but on my nails. I was glad I had been a bit overzealous with the tape, covering my fingers fully, or my hands would have looked a lot worse.

 

 Hallihallo, heute ist Tag drei der Tri-polish-Challenge und ich hab wieder mal etwas ganz Neues (für mich) ausprobiert: eine Farbklecks-Maniküre. Obwohl ich mehrere Tutorien gelesen hatte und ihnen folgend den Lack mit Lackverdünner mischte und meine Finger abdeckte, war das überraschend schwierig. Ich hatte ja damit gerechnet, dass das eine ziemliche Sauerei würde, aber nicht damit, dass das Klecksen so schwierig sein kann - offenbar habe ich da nicht ganz die richtige Mischung hingekriegt oder ich hab noch nicht die richtige Technik heraus. Ich hab zwar gekleckst, aber am Anfang überall hin, nur nicht auf meine Nägel. Ich war jedenfalls froh, es mit dem Klebeband etwas übertrieben zu haben und meine Finger vollständig eingewickelt zu haben, sonst hätten meine Hände noch viel schlimmer ausgesehen.
 


I'm also glad I decided to do this over the sink. While the sink has a prettier splatter pattern than my nails, I did finally succeed in getting enough on my nails, and while I don't consider this a particularly good splatter mani, I’m quite satisfied it came out as well as it did after all the trouble I had. I'll have to work on my technique before I attempt this again - and maybe I can wear rubber gloves with holes just for the nails. Have you got any tips for me?



Es war auch eine sehr gute Entscheidung, es über der Abwasch (Spüle, für meine deutschen Leserinnen ;) ) zu machen. Dort ist das Farbspritzer-Muster zwar schöner als auf meinen Nägeln, auf die habe ich letzten Endes aber doch auch noch genug gekriegt. Es ist zwar meiner Meinung nach keine besonders gute Klecks-Mani, aber angesichts der vielen Probleme, die ich damit hatte, bin ich mit dem Ergebnis eigentlich recht zufrieden. Ich muss aber unbedingt an meiner Technik arbeiten, bevor ich das noch einmal probiere - und vielleicht zieh ich mir ja dann gleich Gummihandschuhe an und schneidet nur für die Nägel Löcher rein. Habt ihr irgendwelche Tipps?

 

Thursday is the fourth and last tri-polish day for May, and there will be fish, one way or another. Click on the thumbnails below to see everyone else's manis.

The splattered nail newbie



Am Donnerstag ist der vierte und letzte Challenge-Tag im Mai und es wird mehr oder weniger etwas mit Fischen zu tun haben. Klickt auf die Bilder unten, um zu den Posts der anderen Teilnehmerinnen zu gelangen!

Euer vollgekleckertes Nagelnewbie
  



 

4 comments:

  1. hahaha
    you're braver than I am! ;) I haven't given this one a go yet, because of all the clean-up I'm afraid I'll have to do after!
    And your mani came out real pretty: true splatter! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!
      The clean-up wasn't so bad because of the sink but if you're anything like me you probably should cover your whole hand ;)

      Delete
  2. i really like this effect, I have yet to attempt it! i love the way yours turned out!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I love getting comments!
Comment moderation is enabled so your comment won't appear right away but at least you can be sure I read every single comment and try to answer them as fast as possible :)

Hallo! Ich freu mich sehr über jeden Kommentar!
Da sie moderiert sind, erscheinen sie nicht sofort, aber dafür könnt ihr euch sicher sein, dass ich auch jeden einzelnen lese :) Ich werd so schnell wie möglich darauf antworten.

Copyright © 2013 To boldly polish and Blogger Templates - Anime OST.
Social media icons (except gfc) by

Photobucket